HP Officejet 5100 Driver Windows
“driversdot.net“ is here to give you all kinds of drivers, especially ones for HP Officejet 5100 Driver Windows. The required software and driver for this HP Officejet 5100 printer are off their latest version so you do not have to worry one bit about their performance.
driversdot.net also lets you download HP Driver for all kinds of HP OfficeJet Printer you may have. All you need to do is select one that is compatible with the one printer that you have at the moment.
Download HP Officejet 5100 Driver that compatible with your operating system.
HP Officejet 5100 Driver Windows
HP OfficeJet 5100 Full Solution Web Package Driver for Windows XP
This web package contains the same driver version as on Cdrom version 1.12. Components not included in this web package to reduce download time are: PrintCreator; Product Tour; ReadIris application; and Share2Web. Order the full CD to have access to these components.
Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access. To order the CD use the “Back” button to display the previous page and select the software beginning with CD.
- A fix has been implemented for a problem seen on computers running with Hyperthreading turned on. With Hyperthreading turned on, the Scan Picture and Copy features would not launch when started from the HP Director. This has been fixed.
- A fix has been implemented for a problem that could cause the Windows 2000 stop error 44, (multiple_irp_complete_results), to occur when USB communications is first established between the officejet 5100 and the computer. It occurred intermittantly on certain computers running Windows 2000 only. It was most likely to happen during the plug & play portion of an install when repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling the software or if power is interrupted while the device is in use.
- A fix has been implemented for a problem where if the oj7100 fax printer was set as the default printer, the default would switch back to the oj7100 printer when the system was rebooted.
Version: 1.12 (A.15.01.09)
Release date: Sep 17, 2003
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
File Size: (38.1 MB)
HP Officejet 5100 Driver Windows – Installation Instructions
- Download the driver file.
- Turn off the hp OfficeJet 5100 series device and disconnect either the USB cable.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
- Uninstall the previous version of the HP driver software if any is installed.
- Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
- When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a “Software
- Copied Successfully” dialog box with a prompt to “follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your hp OfficeJet 5100 series hardware”.
- Select [Finish] on the “Software Copied Successfully” dialog.
If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
- Connect the usb or parallel cable and turn on your hp OfficeJet 5100 series device to start the Plug & Play phase of the install.
- During the Plug & Play phase, a “Found New Hardware Wizard” dialog will appear.
- Select [Next], then [Next], then [Finish] buttons to continue. On some computers it may take a few minutes to install the software.
- The desktop icon will be created, and the HP system tray icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. The HP Fax Setup Wizard will appear.
- Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard.
- Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
- When the “Congratulations!” dialog appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officeJet 5100 series\Help