HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Firmware
“HP Drivers“ is here to give you all kinds of driver and software, especially ones for HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Firmware. The required software and driver for this HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 printer are off their latest version so you do not have to worry one bit about their performance.
In this website, you can also download HP Drivers for all kinds of HP OfficeJet Printer you may have. All you need to do is select one that is compatible with the one printer that you have at the moment. The HP Firmware is available in Windows versions.
Download HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Firmware that compatible with your operating system
HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Firmware Update for Windows
HP Officejet Pro Firmware
This firmware upgrade is for HP 8500 All-in-One Printer Series
To check the version of your current printer firmware, use either one of the following options:
- Go to Solution Centre; select HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Series
- Click on Settings > Printer Toolbox
- On the Information tab, click Hardware information
- The current firmware version will appear in the Hardware information dialog box
Printing a Self Test Diagnostic Page
- Press Setup, select Print Report, select Self-Test Report, and then press OK.
- The Self Test Diagnostic Page will be printed.
- The current firmware revision will appear on the printed Self Test Diagnostic Page
1) Improve paper pick performance
2) Optimize the print head life
3) Improve network connectivity
4) Improve ADF scan/copy/fax functionality
5) Improve digital scan functionality
Release date: Nov 22, 2013
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP x64
File Size: (11.8 MB)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Firmware Installation Instructions
Before starting the upgrade:
- The HP Officejet Pro 8500 Firmware flashing (upgrade) requires a wired network or a USB connection.
- DO NOT upgrade the printer firmware in a wirelessly connected printer.
- If the computer has a firewall installed or enabled, it may block the Firmware Download Utility from accessing the printer. Therefore, please remember to temporarily disable any firewall that may be on the computer, including firewalls such as Microsoft Windows XP Firewall, Sygate, Zone Alarm or BlackICE.
1. Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 8500 series printer and wait until the printer is READY. [The Power light should be on]
2. Double click on OJP8500A909xx_R1344A.exe to launch the HP Printer Update utility. A list of HP Officejet Pro 8500 series printers detected will be displayed on the screen.
Note: If the Wired network printer you wish to upgrade is not displayed in the detected printer list, click on the Refresh button to scan for printers connected via the wired network.
3. Click on the checkboxes on the left to select single or multiple HP Officejet Pro 8500 series printers you wish to upgrade.
4. Click on the Update button to start the firmware flashing process.
5. Message showing “The selected printer has been updated successfully” will be shown. Firmware flashing will begin.
CAUTION! Do not interrupt the printer during the upgrade process. Printer maybe damaged if power is interrupted during the firmware upgrade process.
6. When the printer has sucessfully completed the flashing process, it will automatically print out a Self Test Diagnostic Page, that will show the new firmware version.
7. Click on the Done button to close the HP Printer Update utility.